The library is an incredible, often under-appreciated place. With all of the technology out there now, it can be easy to forget all of the great things a library has to offer. Here are five reasons to head out to your local library today:
- Two words: free books. If your child is big on reading, they probably fly through books faster than you can acquire more for them. The cure? The library! Libraries will have different ranges of how many books you can check out and how long you can keep them, but the point is, your child will be able to read as much as they like with no cost to you.
- The library is also a great place for your child to learn how to research different subjects. This will be incredibly useful if your child plans to go to college and for many jobs. Being able to find and sort through information is a great skill and there’s no better place to learn it than the library.
- If your child does some interest-based or self-directed learning, the library can be a great resource for them. Especially if they’re learning their chosen subject on their own, the library will be a great place for them to find lots of different books, journals, and newspapers that can help them along in their learning process.
- Getting out of the house. Maybe you just need a change of environment. If your children have some studying or work they can do on their own, take it to the library! It’s a perfect, quiet place for being productive.
- Librarians. Librarians are the best. They are so willing to help and are brimming with knowledge – which makes them great people for your child to interact with! Talking with librarians is a great way to get your child to depend less on you for solving their problems, and more on their own ability to communicate and learn.
Have fun and don’t forget to check out SD Accelerate’s free trial!