If you ever have the chance to be close to an aquarium or plan a trip to one I highly recommend you do so! The under water biome is one of wonder and mystery and since most of us will not become scuba divers or ride deep into the depths of the ocean in a submarine, visiting an aquarium is about as close as we will get.
5 Reasons to Visit the Aquarium as a Science Field Trip
- Up Close Experience – Like I said, most of us will not get a chance to get near the magical underwater world and the aquarium offers many close and even hands on experiences.
- Hands On Experiences – There are often hands on opportunities like petting sting-ray, exploring a reef-like setting with your hands, interacting with dolphins or whales, etc.
- Take The Learning Deeper – By visiting an aquarium you can take your exploration of ocean life in general, or of a specific animal or species to a higher level. At the aquarium not only can you get up close or hands on, but there are also exhibits with more information for you to explore. Find out more about how these animals live, what they eat, how they survive, and what things may threaten their existence.
- Experts In The Field – At the aquarium you have access to experts in the field. People who work with and study the ocean biome every day! There is no substitute for being able to ask the questions pressing on your mind and get the answers from someone first hand who works in that field each and every day.
- It’s FUN! – How about just the sheer fact that visiting the aquarium is fun! Learning doesn’t always have to be at home or from a book. You can get out and have a fun, freeflowing learning experience. I bet your kids remember more this way and will learn many new things that they hadn’t yet discovered! It might even peak their interests to go home and dig even deeper into a particular animal or subject!