Tis the season of apples! Apple picking, apple science and apple baking. Kids are fascinated with being able to head out and pick apples from the trees, and to make things like applesauce and apple pies. Here is a great selection of apple books to answer their questions, spark their imaginations, and get you all cooking with apples too!
Kids Books About Apples
- How Do Apples Grow? is a fabulous early science reader about how an apple grows from bud to flower to fruit.
- Apples by Gail Gibbons is an overview of apples from their history in America, their growth, uses for apples and more. Includes illustration of many varieties of apples along with a page of interesting facts.
- The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree is another great by Gail Gibbons that talks about the changing of the seasons through the transitioning of an apple tree.
- Apples, Apples Everywhere! Learning About Apple Harvests takes you on a trip to the apple orchard to find out how apples are picked and stored!
- The Apple Pie Tree follows the cycle of an apple tree through the seasons, including the role of bees and weather in the production of fruit. There is also an apple pie recipe included for you to do with your kids.
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie is fun story told with true Amelia Bedelia humor. It includes everything fall from leaf jumping to apple pie making.
- Apple Farmer Annie is a busy apple farmer. You can follow her through her day of picking, counting, sorting, baking and selling. Then you can try making some of her simple apple recipes.
- Apple Picking Time excels in the illustration department with rich warm autumn colors and a traditional fall apple festival attended by Anna and her family.
- The Big Fat Red Juicy Apple Cookbook is fun in so many ways, starting with the die cut shape of an apple, all the way down to the extensive assortment of recipes like breads, cakes, ciders, cookies and more! There are 116 recipes for you to make and enjoy with your family!