Moon sand is awesomely fun. It’s squishy, it’s moldable, it’s perfect for playing with and experimenting with. Plus, it’s super easy to make your own. Here’s how it works:
What you need:
- 3 cups of corn starch
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 6 cups of fine, clean sand
- Food coloring/glitter/scents to jazz it up
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Get to playing!
- You can make different combinations of colors and scents and such easily, by divvying up the mixture before adding to it. Each of your kids can make their own custom moon sand. Or each child can make multiple combos!
- One of the most interesting experiments you can do with this, is to see how it reacts in water. Pour small amounts of sand in different amounts and temperatures of water, and watch what happens!
- You can also task your children with building things out of the sand! It’s almost like bringing the beach, and all of its sandcastle possibilities, right into your home.