If you’re looking for a fun, but still educational, project to do over the summer, we’ve got a great one for you. Summer is a pretty traditional time for travel, so what better time for your kids to imagine all of the travels they could go on in their lifetime. All you need is a few simple materials and a whole lot of imagination. Check it out:
What you need:
- A world map
- Some sort of reference book or computer to do research
- Paper or a journal
- Pens, pencils, etc.
What to do:
- First have your child look over the map. They might already have some ideas of where they’d like to go, so start by identifying those places on the map.
- Have your child identify several places that sound interesting to them – for whatever reason, and research those places a little bit.
- Have your child write a list of places they’d like to go. They can include some of their research, what makes the place interesting to them, and even pictures if they’d like.
- Share and discuss with other members of your family!