I have a thing for mosaics. Problem is, I am no good at tiling – and that can get pricey! Instead of using tile you can make fun, artsy mosaic pieces using paper or fabric. This is something that can be done at almost any age – young to old.
Mosaic Art Project – Paper or Fabric
- fabric scraps, or scrapbook paper scraps depending on which you intend to create
- acid free canvas panel (whatever size you want to use)
- scissors (possibly jagged art scissors)
- Mod Podge
- Spend some time selecting your fabric or scrapbook paper scraps. You might want to choose a color theme, or a pattern, or you may want to just have any random combination.
- Cut your fabric or scrapbook paper scraps into small pieces. You may want to use jagged art scissors to make the edges more interesting.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to a section of the canvas (you may not want to do the whole thing at once as it might start to dry on you).
- Place fabric or scrapbook paper scraps in desired locations on the canvas.
- Once all the pieces are secured down let the piece dry completely.
- After the piece is dry, apply a thing layer of Mod Podge over the top of the entire piece. Once this layer is dry your project is complete!
Other Art Articles: