Alright, here is a fun craft that is great for the coming of spring as well as St. Patrick’s Day! With a colorful rainbow, a fun twisty twirly motion, and a pot of gold at the end!
Pot of Gold Craft for St. Patrick’s Day
- Plain white paper plate
- Paint in a rainbow of colors (you could also use markers or crayons)
- Black and yellow construction paper
- String or yarn
- Start by having your child paint (or crayon, or marker) rainbow stripes across the front of the paper plate.
- If using paint let it dry. (A hairdryer or fan are great ways to speed up the drying process.)
- Flip over and repeat step one on the back of the paper plate.
- Once both sides are colored and dry, take scissors and starting at the outside edge of the plate, cut spirals.
- Cut out a black pot of gold and glue it to the end of the spiraled plate. Glue some yellow circles on to the front of the black pot for the gold.
- Poke a hole in the top of the spiral (the opposite end of the pot of gold) and insert a string for hanging!
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun: