Looking for some great STEM activities for your 7-10 year old children? Wondering what STEM is? STEM refers to the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics of curriculum. STEM is a great way to teach kids of all ages. It allows them to use their imagination as well as other operations of learning, all while having fun!
STEM Activities for Elementary Age Kids
1. Floor Puzzles – You can find great floor puzzles in science and math related themes such as human anatomy, the Periodic Table, and the Solar System, the Rainforest, Under the Sea and more.
2. Crystal Growing Kit – Your kids can grow their own crystals to learn about the structure and geometry of crystals. Many kits offer multiple experiments to conduct with detailed instructions and guides.
3. Build Your Own Volcano – You can purchase a kit to help you with the form of the volcano or use paper mache to make your own. You can also recreate the explosion using diet coke.
4. Build A Bird Feeder – Building a bird feeder is a great hands on project that will pay out in dividends later. You can experiment with different foods and track what birds come and go through each season of the year.
5. Kitchen Science – You can do things like generate electricity using a lemon, launch a rocket with vinegar, write invisible messages and more!
6. Build a Robot – I am amazed at the modular robotics kits, solar kits, and more that you can purchase now. These give kids a chance to build and explore. Some even have the capability of letting your child pilot them via Bluetooth!
7. Build A Rocket – I remember going to rocket and science camp as a kid during the summer! It was so much fun. My husband and I started doing rocketry with the kids while we were camping. You can head to your local hobby store to get all that you need.