Who doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt? They’re fun and simple to put together – you’re kids are sure to have a great time. So, before summer boredom sets in, set them up with a great activity that will last them at least a few hours! Here’s how it works:
- You might want to start out by coming up with a theme. This can be something simple, or if you’re planning a vacation, you can make the hunt about the place you’ll be traveling to.
- Compile a list of items related to your theme. These can be small trinkets or pieces of text, or even pictures.
- Hide each item in your backyard. Make sure they’re pretty well hidden, or the scavenger hunt will end pretty quickly. And don’t forget to write down these locations, so you can find the items later if you need to!
- Write a list of clues pertaining to each item and its location. You can make these little riddles, so your kids really have to think to succeed.
- Give the list of clues to your kids and set them loose! Have fun watching them work their way to the end of the list.