This might just be the most fun project we’ve ever talked about on SD Accelerate. Now, your traditional tie dye is pretty fun. Making your own custom t-shirt with a unique design is awesome, right? Well this project takes things up a level by adding in a summertime favorite – squirt guns! Here’s how it works: What you need:
- 1 or more squirt guns per child
- 1 or more t-shirts per child
- Tie dye
- Plastic bags
What to do:
- If you’re using a one step tie dye kit, you’ll want to mix water into the tie dye to start. Carefully pour the dye mixture into a squirt gun – one color per squirt gun.
- Before you let the kids go at it, you might want to set a few ground rules. First, it’s probably best to limit this activity to the outdoors. Second, wearing clothes you don’t care about too much and maybe even plastic gloves is a great idea. Third, it’s not a great idea to shoot this stuff into someone’s eye.
- Pass out the squirt guns, lay out the t-shirts, and let your kids have at it!
- When they’re done, wrap up the shirts in individual plastic bags. Let them sit overnight before washing.
Have fun and don’t forget to check out our free trial!