Thanksgiving, like many holidays brings family and friends together. In our house we take the week off from homeschool to spend time together, do fun holiday related crafts and activities and prepare for the holiday festivities. For those preparing the holiday meal things can get a little hectic and stressful. Here are a few Thanksgiving Hacks to Make Your Holiday Easier!
Thanksgiving Hacks to Make Your Holiday Easier
- Cook stuffing in muffins tins to make single serve portions that cook quicker and come out crispier!
- Use crock pots for things like Green Bean Casserole and Mashed Potatoes.
- Cook your turkey in a bag. It cooks in about a third of the time and comes out so much moister with NO basting!
- To make less work for yourself, set up your meal buffet style in the kitchen.
- Make things like pies ahead and freeze them before baking. That way you can do this take a week or two before to minimize on the last minute to do list.
- Running out of oven space and time? Steam your veggies in the dishwasher wrapped in foil.
- To keep kids occupied prepare some activities ahead of time from things like color sheets and fun games to a simple craft activity.
- Have guests help out! Set everything out and have someone set the table for you. This is a great job for an adult and kid team to do together.